During multi-day sail, I've started to make these delicious and healthy cookies. I found the recipe in Ricardo's website - my favorite chef, from Montreal. They're much cheaper than store-bought granola bars; they provide energy when needed often during a rotation shift before sunrise.
I often have trail mix on board. With recipes, I never hesitate to modify them based on the ingredients onboard and, when it comes to spices, my mood. LOL!
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter, almond butter, oil, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until very creamy. Add the egg and whisk until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the trail mix and chocolate. Using a 3-tbsp (45 ml) ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls and arrange on the baking sheets, evenly spacing them out.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Let cool.